Nail trends have evolved over recent years to be about so much more than just a solid colour. Here are five new ideas that will make your nails stand out in 2018. Don’t forget to protect that shiny new manicure with our Dig It Handwear® Gloves. Whatever chores you’re tackling this month, Dig It has a glove to keep your nails looking their best.
1. Metallics are super-hot this year. The shine can be a bit much for every day, that’s why we love this new spin on a French mani. With a pearlescent base coat and liquid metal tip, it’s a great look to go from day to night and doesn’t take any more skill than a regular French manicure.
2. Shiny Chrome is gaining momentum. The multi-faceted hues of chrome polish are especially beautiful in a deep ruby red. This look is gorgeous on.
3. Subtle decoration is still a hot look. With tiny jewel designs tucked against the cuticle, this style is great for a wedding or other special occasion. It’s not too elaborate and is a novel way to add sparkle to a feminine French manicure.
4. A professional navy suit can’t be beat for work and matching it with a dramatic navy manicure is gorgeous. Add a gold stripe (use a nail polish pen or thin brush tip) for a bit of glam on an otherwise corporate look.
5. We love this look with a subtle tone-on-tone argyle design. It’s casual, fun and playful and would look great in any colour but is sweet in a mauvy-pink.